The bus drivers are in complete control of the bus which they operate and are charged with the safety and discipline of the occupants of the bus. Students must abide by the rules and regulations of the driver concerning their conduct on the bus.
The use of bus transportation to and from school is a privilege, not a right. If the conduct of the student, while riding a bus, is such that it jeopardizes the safety of others, or is otherwise undesirable, this privilege may be denied.
- Follow the directions of the bus driver.
- Remain in your seat at all times.
- Keep all objects and body parts inside the bus and to yourself. A fine can be levied by the police for things thrown out the windows.
- No eating, drinking, smoking, or use of tobacco products. Keep the inside of the bus clean.
- No yelling.
- No swearing or rude gestures.
- Live animals, radios/Walkmans, water gun, fireworks, and other similar items that may divert driver attention are not permitted on the bus.
The severity of the offense will dictate the consequences. Because students have had previous experiences with proper bus conduct, the consequences for our secondary students are more severe.
1st Offense - Driver intervention
2nd Offense - Bus Conduct Report to administration resulting in student conference and parent contact.
3rd Offense - Bus Conduct Report as in 2nd offense with “detention” time for the student
4th Offense - Bus Conduct Report as in 2nd offense with suspension from transportation for a 1-3 day period
5th Offense - Suspension of transportation privileges for remainder of school year; reinstatement requires an administrative conference
1st Offense - Driver intervention; Bus Conduct Report to administration resulting in student conference and parent contact
2nd Offense - Bus Conduct Report with student/driver/administrator conference and parent contact resulting in 1-3 day suspension from transportation
3rd Offense - Same as 2nd Offense except suspension will be for a period of 3-10 days
4th Offense - Suspension of transportation privileges for remainder of school year; reinstatement requires and administrative conference
NOTICE – Audio and/or video recording devices are utilized by the school district on school property and on school buses.
*Prior history of bus conduct and severity of the incident will determine if an alternate approach is appropriate.