Attention Parents/GuardiansPA Department of Health Immunization RequirementsDON'T WAIT----VACCINATE NOWFOR ATTENDANCE IN ALL GRADES students need the following immunizations :
- 4 doses of tetanus* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio* (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose)
- 2 doses of measles***
- 2 doses of mumps***
- 1 dose of rubella (German Mealses)***
- 3 doses of hepatitis B (properly spaced with 3rd dose given at age 24 weeks or greater)
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox)-vaccine (1st dose on or after 1st birthday) or history of disease
*Usually given as DTP or DTaP or DT or TD
**4th dose not needed if third dose given at 4 years or older and at least 6 months after previous dose***Usually given as MMR (1st dose to be given on or after 1st birthday)Students entering 7th grade need the following immunizations on the 1st day school:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) - given on or after the 11th birthday
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate (MCV)- given on or after the 10th birthday
Students entering 12th grade need the following immunization on the 1st day of school:
These requirements allow for the following excemptions: medical reasons, religious beliefs, philosophical/strong moral or ethical convictions.If your child is exempt from immunizations, they may be removed from school during an outbreak.Pennsylvania's school immunization requirements can be found in 28 PA CODE CH.23 (School Immunization)Contact your health care provider or 1-877-PA HEALTH for more information.
- Additional dose of meningococcal conjugate (MCV) administered on or after 16th birthday. If 1st dose was given on or after 16th birthday only 1 dose is required.