Dear students,We hope you are taking care of yourselves throughout the time we are not at school. Please feel free to reach out to any of us (Mrs. Mohn, Dr. Brooks, Mr. Gross) with any questions or concerns regarding college, career, academics, and/or mental health. You can reach us through a Schoology message or an email at this time.If you are dealing with anxiety during this time, here is a Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook that may help. Please click on Link - Coronavirus Anxiety WorkbookIf you need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out to any of your counselors here at Annville, or you can call the PA support and referral helpline for COVID-19, which is for people struggling with anxiety and other challenging emotions at 1-855-284-2494.
When is the time to investigate career paths? NOW! Every age is a good age to investigate careers and post-secondary education.
Want to discuss a career? A college or trade school? A problem or concern? Make an appointment with your counselor!!! We are here to help!Our Mission:
Transcript Requests: Please fill out the transcript request form in guidance and turn it into Mrs. Long.
Recommendation Letters: Please fill out the recommendation letter form in guidance before asking a teacher/counselor to write the recommendation letter.
As school counselors, we strive to assist students with their personal, career, and academic goals and aspirations.
Our Goals for Students:
- Develop a positive self-concept
- Encourage responsible decision making strategies
- Promote the development of personal and social communication skills
- Reach academic potentials
- Formulate a post-secondary plan
- Investigate career opportunities
In order to reach students effectively, the school counseling program is designed to include all of the following components:
- Curriculum Component (Creating and delivering lessons in the classroom that are available to all students)
- Individual Student Planning (Assisting students in their educational, personal, and occupational growth and providing them with a smooth transition into high school)
- Responsive Services (Responding to immediate concerns of students including individual counseling, crisis counseling, referrals or consultation with parents and/or school professionals, etc.)
- System Support (Providing leadership, consultation, collaboration, program management, and being a student advocate)
Counseling Office Staff
Dr. Laura Brooks
Grades 7, 9 and 11717-867-7700 ext 4957
Mrs. Denyse Mohn
Grades 8, 10 and 12
717-867-7700 ext 4955
Mr. Matthew A. Gross
Career GuidanceGrades 7-12717-867-7700 ext 4956
Mrs. Maureen Long
Secretary717-867-7700 ext 4954