Senior Newsletter September/October 2022
Senior Newsletter GRADUATION SPECIAL Class of 2022
Junior Newsletter - Junior Jumper Spring 2022
Please feel free to reach out to any of us (Mrs. Smith, Dr. Brooks, Mr. Gross) with any questions or concerns regarding college, career, academics, and/or mental health. You can reach us through an appointment, Schoology message or an email.
When is the time to investigate career paths? NOW! Every age is a good age to investigate careers and post-secondary education. Please visit the Career & College Resources link for detailed information about the career-based A-C Graduation Project, the Dutchmen Guide (post-secondary planning guide), NCAA eligibility, career shadowing, SAT/ACT, and military enlistment/recruiter information.
Want to discuss a career? A college or trade school? A problem or concern? Make an appointment with your counselor!!! We are here to help!
Transcript Requests: Please fill out the transcript request form and turn it into Mrs. Long or email the information to Mrs. Long at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommendation Letters: Please fill out the recommendation request form in guidance before asking a teacher/counselor to write the recommendation letter. You should provide this form along with your updated resume (focused on academic, extracurricular, and community involvement) to any recommender, so the most thorough and informed letter can be provided on your behalf.
As school counselors, we strive to assist students with their personal, career, and academic goals and aspirations.
Our Goals for Students:
- Develop a positive self-concept
- Encourage responsible decision making strategies
- Promote the development of personal and social communication skills
- Reach academic potentials
- Formulate a post-secondary plan
- Investigate career opportunities
In order to reach students effectively, the school counseling program is designed to include all of the following components:
- Curriculum Component (Creating and delivering lessons in the classroom that are available to all students)
- Individual Student Planning (Assisting students in their educational, personal, and occupational growth and providing them with a smooth transition into high school)
- Responsive Services (Responding to immediate concerns of students including individual counseling, crisis counseling, referrals or consultation with parents and/or school professionals, etc.)
- System Support (Providing leadership, consultation, collaboration, program management, and being a student advocate)
College Visits at A-C H. S. for 2022-23 School Year
Scheduled college visits for 2022-23 will meet in the main conference room, room 209, or the guidance office.