Please feel free to reach out to any of us (Mrs. Mohn, Dr. Brooks, Mr. Gross) with any questions or concerns regarding college, career, academics, and/or mental health. You can reach us through an appointment, Schoology message or an email.
The CTC Application process is now open (deadline to apply is March 1, 2021). Click here to complete the online application.
* NEW * SENIOR NEWSLETTER -- November/December -- Edition #2 -- This edition of the Senior Newsletter contains important information for all seniors. There are links to tips for resume improvement, how to acquire letters of recommendations, graduation requirements (with links to graduation project make-up assignments for those who did not complete a required portion), recognition of senior accomplishments, an updated timeline for college-bound students, and the most updated scholarship listings.
SENIOR NEWSLETTER -- September/October 2020 -- Edition #1 -- The Senior Newsletter is a new publication from the A-C Guidance Department. Download your copy for information on important information to help A-C seniors navigate their senior year and career planning.JUNIOR JUMPER -- Fall 2020 -- This newsletter publication focuses on information and tasks vital to the junior year at A-C. It includes information on academics, career development, the graduation project, graduation requirements, goal setting, resume building, career training options, and college planning.
SOPHOMORE SCOOP -- Fall 2020 -- This newsletter publication focuses on information and tasks vital to the sophomore year at A-C. It includes information on academics, career development, the graduation project, graduation requirements, goal setting, resume building, career training options, and college planning.FRESHMAN FORUM -- Fall 2020 -- This newsletter publication focuses on information and tasks vital to the freshman year at A-C. It includes information on academics, career development, the graduation project, graduation requirements, goal setting, resume building, career training options, college planning, and discovering the perfect career.
If you are dealing with anxiety during this time, here is a Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook that may help. Please click on Link - Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook
If you need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out to any of your counselors here at Annville, or you can call the PA support and referral helpline for COVID-19, which is for people struggling with anxiety and other challenging emotions at 1-855-284-2494.
When is the time to investigate career paths? NOW! Every age is a good age to investigate careers and post-secondary education. Please visit the Career & College Resources link for detailed information about the career-based A-C Graduation Project, the Dutchmen Guide (post-secondary planning guide), NCAA eligibility, career shadowing, SAT/ACT, and military enlistment/recruiter information.
Want to discuss a career? A college or trade school? A problem or concern? Make an appointment with your counselor!!! We are here to help!
Transcript Requests: Please fill out the transcript request form and turn it into Mrs. Long or email the information to Mrs. Long at email@example.com.
Recommendation Letters: Please fill out the recommendation request form in guidance before asking a teacher/counselor to write the recommendation letter. You should provide this form along with your updated resume (focused on academic, extracurricular, and community involvement) to any recommender, so the most throrough and informed letter can be provided on your behalf.
As school counselors, we strive to assist students with their personal, career, and academic goals and aspirations.
Our Goals for Students:
- Develop a positive self-concept
- Encourage responsible decision making strategies
- Promote the development of personal and social communication skills
- Reach academic potentials
- Formulate a post-secondary plan
- Investigate career opportunities
In order to reach students effectively, the school counseling program is designed to include all of the following components:
- Curriculum Component (Creating and delivering lessons in the classroom that are available to all students)
- Individual Student Planning (Assisting students in their educational, personal, and occupational growth and providing them with a smooth transition into high school)
- Responsive Services (Responding to immediate concerns of students including individual counseling, crisis counseling, referrals or consultation with parents and/or school professionals, etc.)
- System Support (Providing leadership, consultation, collaboration, program management, and being a student advocate)